Wireless chargers

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mritech, Dec 5, 2018.

1. mritech macrumors regular

What the best kind? I was thinking about a stand version. Also what about the wattage the have 5, 7.5 and 10. I was told from an apple
    rep at a Best Buy that he knew of a battery that was ruined from using an iPad charger which is a higher wattage compared to the iPhone cube.

Any help?

2. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

The device will only draw as much power as it needs so using an iPad charger will not harm it in any way. Currently, the new iPhones "fast charging" is 7.5 watts, so you won't get any benefits for anything higher than that, but it won't hurt it to have a 10w charger in the event that iphones take advantage of it down the road. As for the type, it basically comes down to preference. I have the stand type that sits by the bed so I can just plop it down and use it as a clock

3. iKevinT macrumors member

I have both of these and like them a lot. They have internal fans and the iPhone doesn’t get hot. They both come with the charger and cords so you don’t have to find those separately. If you do go with something else, when considering claimed wattage, the wireless charger and cord will reduce it before it ever gets to the phone, especially longer cords.
    Anker Powerwave 7.5 Fast Wireless Charging Stand with Internal Cooling Fan, Qi-Certified, 7.5W Compatible iPhone XR/XS Max/XS/X/8/Plus, 10W Charges Galaxy S9/S8+ (with Quick Charge Adapter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078TDLHY9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_3AbcCbHQ7TQK8
    Anker PowerWave 7.5 Fast Wireless Charging Pad with Internal Cooling Fan, Qi-Certified, 7.5W Compatible iPhone Xs Max/XR/XS/X/8/8 Plus, 10W Charges Galaxy S9/S9+/S8/S8+ (with Quick Charge Adapter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WRCW35/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IBbcCb6Z3FQ14

4. mritech thread starter macrumors regular

The anker stand one from amazon looks like a good deal for 20 bucks. I really don’t care how fast it charges. Also is it ok to leave it in overnight

[​IMG]