Wireless Charging Docks?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blairh, Oct 5, 2017.

1. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

I'm puzzled by the lack of wireless charging docks (keeping your phone upright on a table while charging) on the market by established companies.

There are a ton on Amazon by companies you have never heard of. How is there not already a huge market for this given Android phones have had this feature for years?

I contemplated the Vu by Tylt but felt it was at too low of an angle. I bought two from Seneo last night on Amazon but I can still cancel my order if I find something else. Any suggestions?

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I love my Pleson from amazon.

3. EvilEvil macrumors 6502a

EvilEvil

Does it do fast charging for iPhone 8/8+?

4. bruinsrme, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017

bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

No.
    Additionally the Samsung upright charger doesn't either. (one beep)
    Additionally to that the Toyota's built in QI charging in DOES support fast charge, just in case someone with a toyota was wondering. (2 beeps)

But I realized I am not using the proper quick charge brick

5. blairh thread starter macrumors 68040

blairh

6. EvilEvil macrumors 6502a

EvilEvil

Thanks for the info. I guess I'm waiting for the Apple charging mat.

7. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

One thing I am battling is keeping it on the charger. Get a text, pick up the phone put the phone down. Unlike having a cable attached the phone is no longer charging.

I am starting to think a flat pad would be better.

8. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Hands down, the best charging dock:

https://www.amazon.com/HiGoing-Wireless-Charger-Upgraded-Charging/dp/B07125FLFR

I have a Samsung one also, but this one is easier to throw on there and it lays just in the right position to text/close notification, etc. If you want to use it for your nightstand then cover the LED light with black electrical tape. I use it for my office. I tried the Belkin Charging Mat and I hated having to position it in the center of the mat.

9. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

Idk I used the charging pad at the Apple store, both the Belkin and Moshi (w/e it’s called) and it was extremely slow to charge. Got like 1% over like 10 minutes I left it in there while I checked out the cases. Hopefully the Apple charging pad will change that.

10. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Are you able to fast charge with this one?(2 beeps when the phone is placed on the charger)?

11. MacManiac1 macrumors regular

MacManiac1

No. Not an iPhone. There is a graphic on the website that shows standard charge on iPhone devices.

12. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

I picked up two of these.

UGpine Type C Wireless Charger,Qi Wireless Charging Pad Fast Charge

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZYLFMF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_s2m2zb177FH35

Nice quality, inexpensive, and a good size. Not too big.

On another note, I read somewhere the 8 does not support fast charging yet...

13. mbhforum macrumors 6502a

Apple needs to release a software update for fast wireless charging.

14. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Excellent thank you

15. bopajuice Suspended

bopajuice

If you are considering this charger please note it comes with a usb cable, but no wall charger. I’m using the wall charger from my iPad for one, and USB port on my computer for the other.

16. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

Also the Toyota Camry 2015 built in QI charger gives me the two beep

17. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

This wireless and cables fast charging gets so complicated. I wish there was just one standard that every manufacturer followed.
    Right now only 5v is compatible until update pushed it to 7.5. Android is at 9v with Qiv2 going up to 12.

Then it's said that u can't use USB -A as that will bottleneck speed, have to use USB -C.
    It's amazing to me that with the price of the phones Apple can't include the hardware needed to get fast charging out of the box. They want u to spend another $80 to get the lightning to USB type C cable and the 21w charger... I guess they know we will just keep paying.

18. iToNe24 macrumors regular

iToNe24

I only had luck with the official Samsung wireless dock when it comes to charging with the case on. I bought two other 3rd party charges from Amazon and they work with the case off. If I have to take a case off then I mind as well just plug in a cable.

Make sure u get a wireless charger with at least 2 coils.