Wireless charging

toddsimon

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2014
This might be a stupid question but will the iPhone X charge wirelessly through a case like the speck presidio?

psun786

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2013
If the case is not too thick or has conductive material (example, one with magnetic plate ), it should work.

Ralfi

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Most reputable case manufacturers indicate whether their case supports wireless charging. Apple Store App also mentions their Silicone/Leather cases support it.

The only ones which may not support it are those with a magnet positioned directly behind the battery.

Reactions: rugmankc

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Most reputable case manufacturers indicate whether their case supports wireless charging. Apple Store App also mentions their Silicone/Leather cases support it.

The only ones which may not support it are those with a magnet positioned directly behind the battery.
Damn I have one of the magnet mounts for my car. Wireless charging won’t work if I have the spigen magnet on the back?

Ralfi

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Damn I have one of the magnet mounts for my car. Wireless charging won’t work if I have the spigen magnet on the back?
The only way it could work is if the placement of the magnet wasn't blocking the battery. May be difficult to find a case like this though. I may have seen one where you could choose the size & location (further down) of the magnet to stick within the case....one video on YT iirc.

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
69ACC671-0F9D-4D75-ACD9-E7C0150E2012.jpeg

Oh you mean like my case with a magnit in it! My car mount is a lot more important than wireless charging so it’s staying put!

[doublepost=1509161738][/doublepost]
Nope, just like mine. Just switch to fast charging instead you won’t be missing anything...