iPhone XS Max Wireless charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nhwhazup, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Nhwhazup macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

i bought a wireless charger for my XS Max. Usually I charge both my iPad and my iPhone with the iPad charger block as it seems to charge the iPhone much faster.

Should I hook the wireless charger up to the smaller iPhone charger block that came with the Max or use the larger iPad charger block? Would the wireless charge any faster with the iPad block or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Thanks.

2. HEK macrumors 68040

HEK

Maximum fast charging wirelessly is 7.5w so no matter how many watts the adapter supplies the wireless pad you currently will get 7.5w at the most.

3. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Wireless charger is typically slower than wired chargers and it will lag behind the iPad charger for sure. Either way you won’t get more than 7.5W. I’d recommend to connect it with the iPad block anyway.

4. Wide opeN macrumors 6502a

Wide opeN

I'm never putting the lightning cable in my phone again, as this is my first wireless charge capable phone.

No more trying to just put the lightning charger into the phone just right. Plop it down on the pad and keep it moving.

The speed that it charges wirelessly is more than acceptable for my needs.

5. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

I really like the idea of just laying down the phone on the pad.

6. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

Better yet, get a wireless charging stand, so you can unlock your phone with Face ID by just glancing at it. Best thing ever for me - I have one on my desk and nightstand at home, and my desk at work.

7. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

You got it going on! I’ll have to check on the stands. This is why I love MacRumors. What brand is your favorite with the stands?

8. akosnitzky macrumors member

akosnitzky

You have convinced me to try it out.

9. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

Samsung makes the best wireless pads in my opinion. I keep a single stand on my night table and double one downstairs.

10. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

C3F017E3-A9B9-49D9-AFFC-CAF9B54052D6.jpeg
    I bought this cheap one on Amazon and so far really like it. I have a fairly slim case and it’s easy to just lay the phone down and hear the charging “ding”.

Now I’m also convinced to pick up a charging stand as well. I just feel so darn lazy, ya know. :)

11. AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

I’ve bought 2 pads and a car mount for wireless charging since I got the Max 2 weeks ago. Super convenient. Need a few more for when working on the road and the studio. I’m good with charging time.

12. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

What car mount one did you get?

13. AppleB, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018

AppleB macrumors 6502a

AppleB

I got this one. I bought ordered it last weekend and it was $25 and change.
    Wow it says it’s out of stock. No back order. I must have got the last one.

DESTEK Wireless Car Charger iPhone Xs, Auto-Clamping Fast Charger Car Air Vent Phone Holder - 7.5 W for iPhone Xs/XR/XS Max/X/8/8 Plus,10W for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+/Note 8/S8/S8+ (w/USB Car Charger) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GQMT57S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_DvNXBbH1Z7DWC

14. Wide opeN macrumors 6502a

Wide opeN

There's something I don't seem to like about stand vs pads.

Am I the only who wishes Apple would implement an always on display!? It would be a no brainer to get a stand in that case.

15. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I keep a pad on my coffee table, a stand on my bedside table and another stand at my work desk. Hassle free top up everywhere.

16. Rayfire macrumors 68030

Rayfire

Oh you're going to love wireless charging! As far as the charge block, I think I'd go with the iPad one that way you'll get the 7.5w. I've also bought this charger when it was $28 and it's been working great.

17. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

I love the Seneo brand, which I've purchased from Amazon. I have three, my fiancee has one, my boss has two, and none of us have had any issues with any of them.

Here's the version I have that includes an AC adapter:

"Wireless Charger, Seneo Qi Certified 10W Fast Wireless Charger Stand for Galaxy S9/S9+ Note 8/5 S8/S8+, Standard Wireless Charging Pad Stand for iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR/X/8/8+(with QC 3.0 Adapter)"
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071FNL73K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this is the version that has just a USB and no AC adapter:

Seneo Wireless Charger, Qi Certified 7.5W Fast Wireless Charging Stand Compatible with iPhone X/ 8/8 Plus, 10W Fast Wireless Charger Stand for Galaxy Note 9/8/5 S9/S9+/S8/S8+(No AC Adapter)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0IL0QX/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

18. 0014 macrumors 6502a

Another vote here for this style charger.

This is the one I got through my UK Amazon Acct

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CPNXS5L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Used it with my X and now the XS Max. Works great and works with the Sleep Cycle app. So can leave it on the stand all night, have sleep cycle running and wake up with a fully charged battery.

19. 1rottenapple macrumors 68020

I personally wireless charged overnight and used the 5w adapter. 100% when I wake up. Usually if I have a bad night sleeping and get 4-5 hrs it’s still 100%

20. OTACORB macrumors 68000

OTACORB

I have an Anker Powerwave Stand that I got from Amazon, it's certified by Apple for the 7.5 watt charging. I found it a tad bit faster than another pad that I purchased. It really like wireless charging... I hate fiddling around with cables.