Wireless conference microphone

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by mgertner, Oct 14, 2011.

1. mgertner macrumors newbie

We're using Skype on a MacMini attached to a Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 as our video conferencing system at the office. It works great except that the mic on the webcam is quite far from where we sit, so the audio quality is apparently not great.

I'd like a system where we put a desktop mic on the desk in front of us. Something like http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/microphones/devices/221 would be ideal. But I don't want a wire trailing across the office.

Is there some solution where we can plug a receiver into the Mac (ideally USB) and use a wireless conference/desktop mic? Or the same but with Bluetooth instead of a receiver. I've looked around and haven't found anything. I'm open to shelling out for a pro-quality vHz mic/receiver if it works with Mac. Most of the stuff the pro stuff is more of a complete speakerphone. All we need is the wireless mic.

2. Papanate macrumors regular

Revolabs xTAG

$189 at B&H Photo. I found out about them at the Sam Adams Brewery Tour of all places. Caught my curiosity because it looked like the tour guides were talking into Fat AA Batteries ( and this was before we tasted the beer!)<G>.

3. mgertner thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm looking for something that can be used by several people at once, but some of the other Revolabs products look promising (i.e. the single channel HD line). Thanks for the tip!

4. prestomusic macrumors regular

yep I installed and setup the HD series extensively in my old job. they work pretty well, the audio bandwidth is a little limited but they sound decent and are easy to setup. Go for the omni pattern type if you want to pick up a full table. Steer clear of the old 'Solo' series they were awful, really.