wireless connection dropping on macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nyrblue35, Apr 8, 2010.

1. nyrblue35 macrumors member

nyrblue35

Hey guys,

im fairly new to macs and im loving my macbook pro i got a few months ago. Only issue that's been happening is the wireless connection seems to be dropping every once in a while. Its gotten to the point where its pretty annoying. I dont have any issues with my buffalo routerand im not far from it as well. Im running snow leopard 10.6.3. I will be in the middle of working so its not like the laptop is in sleep mode where i know the wireless will drop which is understandable. If you need any more inf please ask, i havent had issues with my old dell and the same wireless router. Oh, after the connection drops, it will scan and find it(the router), then ask me to put my password in again, thats about it.

TIA

Bill

2. rootsmaneuver macrumors member

same problem here

I have pretty much the same thing going on that you've experienced. Its not often, but when it does act up it can act up for quite a while, like an hour or so.

Sometimes when I select the Network it asks for password then doesn't accept the password. A little while later it will just work, without doing anything.

I'm not freaking out yet, but if this becomes frequent, I'll need to figure it out.

I hope you get your issue figured out soon.

EDIT:I should mention that I too have tested the router with another Mac and its working fine, while my MBP is failing at the same time.

3. 1last1 macrumors newbie

I have a 15" UMBP, its about a year and a half old. I have never had a problem with my wireless signal until about the last three weeks. The wireless connection is lost almost every hour now and goes offline for about a minute, it is very annoying.

Any help here would also be appreciated.

4. Z1NX macrumors member

5. nyrblue35 thread starter macrumors member

nyrblue35

Well I have a feeling If i bring my macbook to best buy they wont do anything that I cant do other than replace it at best but i dont know if they will even do that.

6. Relznuk macrumors 6502

Relznuk

7. nyrblue35 thread starter macrumors member

nyrblue35

a reinstall of what? I even formatted and reinstalled ( for another reason) and it didnt help.

8. nyrblue35 thread starter macrumors member

nyrblue35

still up for ideas if anyone knows a fix. is there some kind of firmware update possibly? I dont want to buy a usb wireless adapter. Kinda ridiculous since the wireless connection is one of the most important things that NEEDS TO WORK on a laptop. :confused: