Wireless connection issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jarbake, Mar 14, 2008.

1. jarbake macrumors newbie

Starting a couple of days ago, when i try to connect to my schools wireless network, my MacBook says I'm connected but when i try to access a webpage, it says it cannot be displayed. I'm pretty new to Macs, is there something I can do to troubleshoot the problem. No one else seems to be having the problem so I dont think it has to do with the network.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Having had that same experience...

it probably is your Network. Anything from your being out of range, or not having your connection "username" or "password" established. Also, some college/university wireless requires that your password NOT begin with a number, such as "1macbook" you can try "macbook1" but never a number first. Get in touch with your IT people on campus and bring your MB. :cool:

3. jarbake thread starter macrumors newbie

It's an open network, no passwords. Also, it has always worked before, it just started happening about a week ago. It shows I have connection when I open up the Internet Connect thing, but when I open my browser it says Page Cannot be displayed.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Definitely...

make contact with your IT people at the college/university. Sometimes their systems get updated and if that's the case, they can walk you through it over the phone or stop-by their office. :cool: