Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Theturk

macrumors member
Original poster
May 30, 2008
Dubai
Hello. My MacBook Pro isn't perfect in its wireless handling like all MacBook Pros recently, however I ironed out all of the problems and I can connect normally to almost any wireless.

However, in this cafe I go to frequently, I used to take my Asus A3F laptop and connect to the wireless there. First time I take my MBP was today, it just wouldn't connect in any way possible. I switched to windows, on OSX...restarded I tried evverything. I compared two laptops, only differnce is that the Asus has 2 more things in the connection properties ontop of the others...which are WLan Transport and AEGIS Protocol. I was wondering if I needed them to connect (I'm talking windows wise because I'm on windows on my mac now and will use windows i that cafe due to a program I use on windows)

So what is the problem here. Why is it working on my Asus and every single laptop that comes to the coffeeshop EXCEPT my MBP ?

PS : I have the new multi touch MBP with WinXP service pack 3 and OSX Leopard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.