Wireless Connectivity on the new MBPs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Achiever, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

I have posted a very similar question on the MB forums, but I am also interested in the response from the users of the new MBP to see if the product evolution has corrected a past issue.

To those who have purchased the new MBP: there have been a number of complaints on these forums about airport drops and wireless connectivity that were not usually experienced by plastic MB users or non-Apple laptop users whose machines were not made out of aluminum. Right or wrong, the perception has been that the design of the MBP, and perhaps its aluminum frame, made for worse wireless connectivity.

I am interested to hear from users of the just released MBPs how well their wireless works, whether they suffer frequent wireless drops where they did not before, whether they are unable to pick up a signal (or as strong a signal) in areas where they had been able to in the past, etc. I am especially intrigued to hear from folks who are upgrading from one of the plastic MBs, a non-Apple plastic laptop or a previous version of the MBP to this MBP or have one of each in the same home/workplace to do a side-by-side. Happy testing!

2. thespyglass macrumors regular

thespyglass

I'd also be interested in the responses to this one.

3. Achiever thread starter macrumors 6502

Achiever

Now that more folks should have their MBPs in hand to test this, I thought I'd bump the thread.

4. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

When mine arrives next week, I'll post my experiences.

The new MBPro has wireless-N, whilst my basestation is -G.