Wireless disconnects on my mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JonnyThunder, Oct 16, 2008.

1. JonnyThunder macrumors member

Hello,

I have an iMac (24 Inch one). I love it. However, there is an odd wireless issue which I think only started after a recent update. This is what happens...

I come in from work and switch on the Mac. I go to the internet and it connects to wireless and works fine. 30 seconds later, whatever page (or connected app) I'm viewing - loses the connection. I click on the Airport icon and I see it says "scanning..." which a second or two later, changes to "On". The app / browser starts working again. Then, 30 seconds later - it's disconnected again.

This happens about 30 maybe 40 times continuously before suddenly, it stays connected. And it stays connected then, until I start my Mac up the next day.

I use a Belkin Wireless Router. In the same room where my Mac is, I have a laptop which can connect (and stay connected) to the router with no issue. This is definately a Mac software / hardware issue. The Mac itself is only a few months old so still under warranty - however, I've read other reports that this started happening after a recent update (I'm on 10.5.5 at the mo) - so it makes no sense to change the hardware.

Is anyone else getting similar problems after moving away from 10.4? It drives me totally nuts having to go through this every day! :(

2. macnerdnova macrumors newbie

Same problem with my mbp. I use comcast and a motorola wireless router and I've been having the problem since my update to leopard 10.5.5. Never had this problem before but I am noticing a significant slow down on my internet speed- but mine is constant and never stays connected. Its always scanning and connecting. It's been so long, I've even gone to the store to see if anyone knew what to do? They told me to reset my internet which I did but nothing changed.. :mad:

3. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

im also having this problem too
    cept ever since i sintalled that 003 one from monday or sumtin it got worst then ever!

4. JonnyThunder thread starter macrumors member

Oddly, since the recent Airport update which I did Monday, my problem has now vanished. Very odd....

5. macnerdnova macrumors newbie

I installed this update too but no such luck :(