Wireless Drawing Solutions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Friedlemar, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Friedlemar macrumors newbie

Hi all,

My girlfriend teaches high school physics and she is interesting in getting some technology to help her draw diagrams on her MacBook. There are two different use cases here. She wants to:

1) Be able to draw sketches and diagrams for assignments by hand/stylus and have them stored on her computer. (She's not a fan of drawing by mouse.)

2) Be able to "write on the board" from anywhere in her classroom via a wireless connection to her laptop, which is hooked to a projector.

Obviously an iPad could handle this, but she doesn't really need a full-fledged tablet. I was looking at one of the cheaper Wacom drawing pads (e.g., the Bamboo Connect) and its wireless adapter, which claims to have a range of 10m, as a possible solution. Together they would cost around $140.

So, does anyone have experience using Wacom products from a distance like this? How is the range? Or, can anyone think of a better low-cost solution for this situation?

2. Jag Jaeger macrumors newbie

Jag Jaeger

I think you shall get wireless stylus pad for drawing using stylus and will be helpful for giving input to MacBook.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have the Wacom Bamboo and the wifi adaptor...It works pretty well, but there is a little lag...For the price, I think it's what you're after.