Wireless dropouts, AEBS, Leopard, Transmit rates etc.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by weevil, Feb 25, 2008.

1. weevil macrumors newbie

Like a lot of people using Leopard, I have been suffering from wireless dropouts every half an hour or so. It's not horrendous as it kicks back in after a minute or so.

I noticed that most of the time the transmit rate from AEBS is 130 (which I think is normal). Keeping a close eye on it though, I can tell when it will drop out. It starts counting down from 130 down to 1/0 (when the wireless drops). Shortly after it starts slowly counting back up again and everything is ok again.

I've seen a lot on the forum about keychains, router channels (I use Netgear DG834G on automatically configured channel 6) etc. but there doesn't seem to be anything definitive (maybe there can't be as there are too many variables?).

The last thing I want to do is start poking around with things and potentially make things worse. If there is a majority consensus to a "fix" for these issues I'd be interested to know. My gut feeling is to wait for Apple to put the fix out but it's always irritating in the meantime whilst your Mac isn't 100%.

2. benoitgphoto macrumors 6502

Just to clarify...do you use AEBS or a Netgear router ?

3. weevil thread starter macrumors newbie

I use the Netgear for my ethernet modem (wireless disabled) and the AEBS for my wireless (sharing printers etc.). Netgear and AEBS are connected to each other.