Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Hi, I had some Sony Bluetooth bluetooth earbuds that cut out now and again with an Iphone X but were still useable. I now have an 11 Pro Max and the earbuds are now totally unusable. They cut out every few seconds so have returned them. I googled last night and read that it may be the modem in the 11 Pros causing interference with all bluetooth earbuds. I am also using the activity app on my watch 4 when it cuts out.

Has anyone got a set of completely wireless earbuds that actually work with the 11 Pro? They need to be the ones where one earbud pairs to your phone (master) and the the second bud (slave) pairs to the other earbud.

Reactions: arfbsantoso

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Thanks for the replies. Going to get the Airpods pro when I get paid. Hopefully they will fit my ears.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Thanks for the replies. Going to get the Airpods pro when I get paid. Hopefully they will fit my ears.
Before you get paid, you can walk into an Apple store and try them out to see how they fit/feel. I love my Pros but I had to do a little hack on the earbuds to get them to stay in my ears. They're perfect now.

I also have a pair of Jabra Active Elites that I was using before my Pros. The sound is good, but getting them to initially connect to your devices is a complete pain in the butt. Once they're connected though its a breeze because they support multiple devices. You can stop playing music on your iPad and then start playing music on your iPhone and it automatically switches over.

Reactions: purpleparrotuk

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Before you get paid, you can walk into an Apple store and try them out to see how they fit/feel. I love my Pros but I had to do a little hack on the earbuds to get them to stay in my ears. They're perfect now.

I also have a pair of Jabras Active Elites that I was using before my Pros. The sound is good, but getting them to initially connect to your devices is a complete pain in the butt. Once they're connected though its a breeze because they support multiple devices. You can stop playing music on your iPad and then start playing music on your iPhone and it automatically switches over.

Thanks. Just noticed I will be waiting a long time since they are out of stock. Around a month wait at the moment. :-(

UBS28

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2012
If you have the same Sony IEM (WF-1000XM3) as me, do note that the sound cuts out when it changes between different modes (sitting, walking, running or in public transportation). You can disable this behavior.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
If you have the same Sony IEM (WF-1000XM3) as me, do note that the sound cuts out when it changes between different modes (sitting, walking, running or in public transportation). You can disable this behavior.

Thanks. I had the older 1000x. I turned off all the ambient and noise control settings. It’s a common problem with these ones on the Sony forums. Sound was great when they worked.

I have just ordered some AirPod pros. Couldn’t wait for them. Being delivered next week hopefully.

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
Got my APPs early and happy to report they are great. Medium buds seem to fit fine. Haven’t given them a really good test yet but went on the elliptical earlier and they stayed in. Hopefully Apple will bring a new firmware out to make the noise cancelling a bit better like it used to be before the new updates. It’s really good but I can still hear the tv faintly and the creaking of the elliptical when I’m on it.

brandon87

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2019
Phoenix
if you dont mine me asking how is the sound music wise? i was not happy with the sound quality of the original airpods. Im used to actual bass and stuff with my beatsx wireless earbuds [at least my opinion i love them so much lol] but i want completely wire free earbuds!

Thanks for any input! : )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.