Wireless earBUDS

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by migdaddy, Apr 29, 2012.

1. migdaddy, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

migdaddy macrumors 6502

I know they are out there. Wireless earbuds like the ones that comes with the iPhone but no wires. Anyone have any or know of any good ones? Id like them to have capability to answer phone calls, with a mic to talk in to, be able to turn volume up or down on music or phone call, and be able to skip tracks playing.

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

3. migdaddy, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you put your earbuds of choice into the audio jack roll up the wires and off you go. Then You can use whatever earbuds you want.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

6. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh ok I see how it works. So there are wires, but nothing plugs into the phone. I was hoping for no cords whatsoever, but I guess I would have to go for a bigger headset like the beats by dre. I was hoping to find ear buds with no wires, that connected to the phone via bluetooth, and had little buttons on the earbuds itself for volume, skipping songs, and picking up a phone call. And a microphone that would work from that far away from your mouth. Kinda like having a hearing aid hahah. Maybe thats just too crazy :rolleyes:

7. DroidRules macrumors 65816

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/bluetooth-headphones-features.html

8. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

What I think you are missing is that there has to be wires.

Dre's look cool and wire free but they are huge, why? Because they are hiding wires in all that getup...they go across the headband in the top to the other ear piece and there are wires curled up in each ear cup.

So, if you want smaller ear pieces the wires have to go somewhere. We haven't reached that tiny of tech yet for sound and bluetooth to make bluetooth earbuds completely wireless.

With that said, those jaybirds look as close as one can get.

Imma bout to buy a pair of those right now! Thanks for the jaybird link @DroidRules!

9. Megadad378 macrumors newbie

migdaddy, the Motorola S10-HD is awesome! It works very well with iPhone! The headset is lightweight, has buttons to play/pause, skip forward/backward music, volume up/down, answer/hang up or ignore calls. I use mine all the time! The battery life on them is amazing (probably better than the battery life on the iPhone itself.) Music and calls are crystal clear and the volume can be turned up loud enough to drown out nearly anything. I have had a problem or two with people not being able to hear me speak clearly but it's nothing major!

10. migdaddy, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012

migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you have these? The motorolas are cool, but the hard band is not really my style. The jay birds are dope! $100. Im gonna get them. How do they charge? micro usb? And whats the battery life one on charge? And does using bluetooth wear down the iPhone's battery more? Thanks by the way!

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

not much different then the plantronics 905 that I listed that you can get for about $40 any way glad you found something you like.

12. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah thanks for that. The plantronics has one earbud bigger than the other. Kinda funky. But reading reviews for the Jaybird guys have said it looks super funky cuz they are big and nerdy looking. The OEM apple earbuds are starting to hurt my ear so im going to buy something regardless. I just dont want to spent $100 on something and it be as uncomfortable as the apple ones.

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

any headphones wired or not are going to make you look abet geeky. that seems to be part of your concern. there are lots of options out there it's up to you what you really like. I think you should watch a video on the plantonics then you will understand why one side is bigger and why it's a little unique. actilly it's 2-3 years old but I still lobe it. heck it even survived going though my washing machine and dryer.

14. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I do have these. It is m-usb and they claim 6 hours but I've never used them for more than a few hours at a time but have gone a few days without a charge so that sounds about right. Sound quality is pretty good and I only get cut outs when I have my phone in my pocket and have my back pack on but not many even in that unique situation. If I put my phone in my backpack no problems. I haven't seen an issue with my phone's battery. I typically only use the "wings" as I call them when I'm working out, any other time I have no issues keeping them in my ears. Good luck.

15. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Ive had some earbuds hurt when they are in my ear. Are these comfortable?

16. Ray- macrumors regular

Ray-

If you have a 4S, you might want to wait till wireless earbuds with bluetooth 4.0 comes out instead of the current 2nd/3rd generation ones. BT 4.0 sets are suppose to be much, much more efficient on power draw.

17. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I have no issues after a few hours of use. It does come with 3 different sized ear dealies so you have a choice.

18. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

I use the Jaybird J3's too and the sound quality they produce is exceptional considering they wireless. In fact they better than most wired headphones I've used including Shure

They ship with an assortment of earbuds so finding the perfect fit shouldn't be too difficult.

Use them in the gym and they durable, no issues to date with sweat, they aging well. Had them since launch (about a year now).

Voice quality is poor though and from a single charge I battle to get more than 5 hours usage but that is usually using them at max volume over a 3 day period.

19. migdaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Voice quality sucks? people cant hear you or its static or what?

20. sand_man macrumors 6502a

sand_man

People can't hear me. Muffled and indistinct.