Wireless Ethernet Bridge with a MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ViolentHero, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ViolentHero macrumors member

The WiFi network card in my 2009 MacBook Pro is failing. I'm trying to set up a Belkin Wireless Ethernet Bridge that's hooked up to my MacBook Pro using the web-based interface, I tried to adjust the settings but nothing works. I referred to the manual and it appears to be mostly if you are doing it all in Windows. http://cache-www.belkin.com/support/dl/f5d7330_manual.pdf

2. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Why can't you use Ethernet? Or buy a cheap Wireless Adapter for under $20? Or buy a replacement WiFi card for under $15 and replace it yourself?

3. ViolentHero thread starter macrumors member

Do you know any good wireless adapters I could use that is compatible with Snow Leopard?

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Waaaa?

Why do u have to "bridge" anything? U just use a USB WIFI adapter (like in old notebooks without built-in) and everything remains the same.

?????

5. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Any DLINK adapters would work

6. ViolentHero thread starter macrumors member

Ok good. Also, if I decide to just replace the wifi card inside my 2009 13" MacBook Pro, do you know where I can find a replacement and purchase it?

7. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

a 2009 model would have wifi built into the logic board, no replaceable card. I don't think they have used wifi cards since the powerbook days.

8. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Sir, do your research first before posting. The card is in the hinge cover of the MacBook Pro, inside the black plastic piece.

----------

Get it off eBay, just search MacBook Pro 13" wifi card. Get the instructions from www.ifixit.com or powerbookmedic.com

9. ViolentHero thread starter macrumors member

Just out of curiosity, if I were to take my MacBook Pro to an Apple Store near me, how much would it cost to have them replace the wifi card inside for me? Anyone had the same problem like me?