wireless file transfer from iphone to windows mobile device

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by phreed's need, Aug 6, 2010.

1. phreed's need macrumors newbie

My boss replaced my HTC pro duo with an iphone 3Gs and now i have the fun task of finding a way to recieve emails with attached files to my iphone and transfer them to a data collecting device which runs the latest windows mobile os. I'm new to the apple world but i'm not a complete dummy. i've done some cursory searching to address this situation but my brain is starting to swell. Question! Is there a way to transfer files from my iphone to the windows mobile device without having to use a computer as a middle man. ideally bluetooth would be the way to go but i'm having trouble pairing. if anyone can help me out that would be supa dupa.

cheers

2. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

I don't think there's anything you can do with a stock iPhone, the bluetooth profiles are too limited to be of any use. If you jailbreak the iPhone, programs become available that will provide file transfer (and other) bluetooth functionality. iBluetooth is one such application and while I can't remember the name of it offhand, I know there's at least one more. I also recall that they're not free programs, but they're not expensive. I'm sure a quick search of the site would turn up the other program(s) in short order, assuming someone doesn't post it (them) here.