Wireless file transfer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Deeko99, May 9, 2009.

1. Deeko99 macrumors newbie

Hi All

Apologies if this question has been asked before - I have searched the internet to no avail!

I have recently taken the plunge and bought a brand new iMac (should have done it years ago!) and was wondering if I could connect and transfer/files use itunes/backup etc without connecting a cable via USB. I understand that this would need to be done over wireless (i currently have a wireless router set up for internet connection).

WIll the new OS 3.0 for the ipod touch (unlocking bluetooth) make this more achieveable if it's not already?

Thanks in advance!

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

Search for an application called BriefcaseLite. It allows you to transfer files over Wifi. Also, Discover does it too. I prefer BriefcaseLite. Both of these were free when I got them.

3. archi17 macrumors regular

not sure if you mean send a file to your phone, then yes. But if you mean sync with itunes, put new music on etc, then no. I wish you could though.

4. Deeko99 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. I have installed both programs and am happily transferring! Its a shame wireless syncing with itunes isn't an option yet :(