Wireless HD Security Camera?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by elbirth, Jan 17, 2011.

1. elbirth macrumors 65816

Does anyone know of a wireless security camera (preferably HD) that works well with Macs? Ideally I'd also like it to have pan/tilt and zoom.

I can't really seem to find much in the way of cameras that meet these requirements and can be setup and operated solely from a Mac.

2. jjfergy macrumors newbie

3. elbirth thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks! I hadn't heard of that brand. The model you linked isn't HD, but I'm starting to think I won't be able to go that route unless I spend an outrageous amount of money. Will definitely be poking around that site to see what else they have also, I appreciate the link

4. haldas macrumors newbie

This IP camera is HD and compatible with Mac

I ran across this thread because our company, CCTV Camera Pros, was mentioned and was very glad to hear that Apple support recommended us. Anyway, this is a HD camera (it is 1.3 megapixel) with wireless network support that is Mac compatible. My company also developed a free iPhone app that works with this and many other model cameras if you are also a iPhone user.

Here is the camera:
    http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/Wireless-Network-Camera-p/zavio-f3106.htm

On this page, you can see some screenshots and videos of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad live video monitoring that Zavio camera:
    http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/Zavio-IP-Cameras-s/404.htm#images

Please let me know if I can help further.

5. pattigranda macrumors newbie

Take a look at this wireless security camera. It's pretty hard to find a mac compatible security camera. Seems like everything is made for Windows or linux.

6. timish macrumors regular

I set up a bunch of these a while back but ended up returning them.

At the time, there were no 802.11N units that did what I wanted, so I had to buy 802.11G (2.4 Ghz) cameras.

They worked great until someone used the microwave.

Then all the cameras would go offline. (and would not recover) - for security that made them useless.

Ended up installing a wired system myself which has been flawless so far.

Good luck.