Wireless headphone for the iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by eleny, Dec 8, 2009.

1. eleny macrumors newbie

Is there anything out there like that? It would be great to be able to use one of those earphones that fit over the ear.

2. eleny thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

What, exactly, were you hoping to find? If you tell us more details of what you are looking for, it would be easier for people to offer suggestions.

4. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

haven't heard of wireless headphone or earphones before for the ipod touch or any MP3 player....:confused:

but only bluetooth...;)

5. eleny thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd like to find a headphone that fits over the ear like the ones people can use with cell phones. I realize that those aren't stereo. But that best defines the general style I'd like to find that would work with an iTouch.

Perhaps the right word would be earphone.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In that case, any earphone that works with an iPhone should work. Some might require you to buy a bluetooth transmitter for your Touch, like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Bluetoot...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260380904&sr=8-5

7. rhythmac macrumors 6502

rhythmac

I use these ...they're bluetooth and contrary to what the previous poster said, the ipod touch has bluetooth and does not need the included transmitter dongle. You can use it with mp3 players that do not have bluetooth.

works well....music playback pause for incoming phone calls.

Attached Files:

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

These look good! What are they called?

As for bluetooth, first gen Touch didn't have it, second gen I'm not sure, third gen definitely does. I should have said depending on which gen you have... :p

9. JediMeister macrumors 68040

The 2nd and 3rd gen iPod touches support bluetooth, but only very specific profiles. Make sure that whatever headset you settle on supports the A2DP profile.

10. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

A company should create a line of bluetooth headphones called the "iTouch hands free" or "iTouch wireless.

11. Jani-Appleseed macrumors member

Had a same problem a week or two ago; this is my best find - http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/na-us/Headsets/Pages/Jabrahalo.aspx

it has a volume control built in and a microphone , even a wired option when the battery runs out - and the price is pretty good too. Only reason I'm not buying these is apparently average sound quality and not very good fit- waiting to go USA and buy beats by Dr.Dre :D