Wireless Headphone Selection

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by High Desert, Feb 7, 2017.

1. High Desert macrumors regular

Would appreciate any input from those who have used wireless over the ear headphones in general use as to overall performance or acceptability. ANC would be OK, but not a necessity for me as I don't sit in an airplane much anymore. I had a set of Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless on ear that I liked, but after a bit, started hurting the tops of my ear as I am a eyeglass wearer. So sent them back and am now considering Bose QC35, Sony MDR1000X and Sennheiser PXC 550. These may be overkill for what I want, which is a good set of headphones for listening to music genres of classic rock, blues, jazz and some country. I like a warm sound with some bass, but not booming. Good tonal quality through the ranges would be appreciated too. I currently have an iPod Touch. MBPr and iPhone 7 so these fit into my consideration of what would sound good while using these devices. So far, it seems that only Bose QC35 and Sony MDR 1000X support Apples AAC and, to be honest, I am not sure if this is a big deal, or not. I do have the opportunity to make a great deal on the Sennheiser PXC550 right now, but am hesitant to pull the trigger as these may be overkill.

2. High Desert thread starter macrumors regular

3. colinwil macrumors regular

Have you tried the Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ear ones? I'm loving mine...

4. High Desert thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks colinwil. Will see if I can find these at local Best Buy store to try out.

5. stormyuklondon1 macrumors member

if you want ANC, Id highly recommend looking at the Bang & Olufsen H9. not cheap, but sound excellent.
    If you're not too fussed about ANC, Bowers & Wilkins P7. stunning sound quality for a wireless can, which are equally superb when wired and fantastic build quality

6. Justin_Kemp macrumors newbie

Justin_Kemp

I really spend a lot on PXC 550 and i found that it was not better than my Bose QC35. Forget about PXC 550, there are so much other choices outside there.

7. LaceyRamos macrumors newbie

LaceyRamos

To make it easier for you to find headphone that will serve you for long and deliver bass thumping sound without compromising on the quality of clarity. Check comfortable headphones and i assure you a good quality that you will never regret.

8. bluespark macrumors 65816

I'll second the vote for Bowers & Wilkins cans if ANC isn't needed. They are superb, and the house sound is just a bit on the warm side of neutral, which sounds like a good match for OP's preferences. The bass is taut but very present. Highly recommended.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Second the recommendation re Bowers & Wilkins; I have both the P5s and the P7s and they are outstanding, beautifully made, great audio, comfortable and stylish.

Excellent suggestion; most people don't focus sufficiently on comfort when buying headphones.