Wireless headphones and The Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macness, Apr 10, 2015.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

So I'm planning on picking up a pair of wireless headphones. i was wondering if we could pair a set of wireless headphones to an iPhone as well as having my Apple Watch connected? I've read that you just connect the headphones wirelessly to the watch instead, but It's going to be hard enough to get my watch battery to last all day as it is.

2. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

If you are asking if you can use multiple bluetooth devices with your phone simultaneously, the answer is yes. I have frequently used 4 devices at once. No problem.

If you're asking if you can pair one headphones set to both the watch and the phone, that depends on the headphones (and in cases where it is possible, in my experience, it can be problematic and is best avoided.)

3. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Will also be picking up bluetooth headphones so i can go for phoneless runs.

Any reccomendations on what I should pick up? I want ones that run behind the head. Not a pair of cans.

4. LeeKennedy macrumors member

5. Tim7 macrumors 6502

Tim7

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1854495&highlight=bluetooth

6. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

To be honest, the best headphones I've found for activity are actually the LG Tone. You'll need to find a way to keep them from bouncing around, but, otherwise, they are by far the most comfortable. All of the kinds I've tried that hang on your ears are just enormous, heavy, and jam corners and edges into ear parts and such. I would certainly give a sincere try to the LG Tone, whichever variation you find is the best value.

I have read accounts of other runners tucking the neck component under their running shirt. I personally do not run, just cycling, so I don't really have the issue of constant bouncing.

7. MelissaJones macrumors newbie

8. RITmusic2k macrumors member

RITmusic2k

Since this thread was recently resurrected, I thought I'd chime in and say that Apple's AirPods handle this perfectly. I paired them to my phone at first, and my settings->bluetooth menu on the apple watch already had the AirPods in the device list. They connected without any drama and changing the audio source from phoneto watch is as simple as pressing play on whichever device you want to hear content from.

9. abdulkar.im macrumors 6502a

abdulkar.im

Jaybird X3 over the ears don't budge when running etc.

10. waw74 macrumors 68030

by someone advertising a product,

they have 3 posts, in random topics about bluetooth headphones. all extolling the wonders of a certain brand of headphones.

11. klymr macrumors 65816

Someone that just joined MacRumors yesterday as well.

12. abdulkar.im macrumors 6502a

abdulkar.im

Why on earth would you use Parrot Zik 2.0 as workout headphones anyway? lol