Wireless Headphones and Time Capsule Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by The Lone Gunman, Feb 19, 2008.

1. The Lone Gunman macrumors newbie

I'm waiting for the new update on the Macbook Pro to come out and along with that purchase I was planning on buying the Time Capsule. I was also going to purchase some wireless headphones however I'm not sure whether or not that would work. I was looking at MiniStereo plug/USB converter but am unsure whether or not that would work on the Time Capsules USB. Also I plan on connecting a printer and wondered if that would be a problem. I'm looking at these wireless headphones: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2774526 however I am not particularly attached to these so if there are better suggestions I'm all ears. :)

2. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

Why would you plug headphones into the TimeCapsule? AFAIK it is just a WiFi router and a hard drive, no audio output involved. Am I missing something?

3. The Lone Gunman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the wireless headphones require a base station to charge and to pick up the signal. If at all possible i would like to find away to not have to continuously plug the station into my laptop which is connected to a AC jack which no longer makes the laptop wireless and the wireless headphones pointless. There is a USB in the back of the Time Capsule that is said to be used for the printer or scanner. If this is just a normal USB than my reasoning is why couldn't I get a USB to Stereo Miniplug converter and plug the base station in the back of the Time Capsule so I could listen to my music in my studio wirelessly. (if they make one inexpensive and seeing as though they make a Mini USB to Stereo Miniplug converter I don't see why they wouldnt make the regular one.)

4. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

The USB port will not work for a scanner or wireless headphones. Just like the Airport Base Station, the USB port only works for external hard drives and printers. Many, many, many, many people have tried to get other devices working with absolutely no luck.

Maybe it'll be different with Time Capsule, but knowing Apple, it won't be.

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

If Time capsule has an audio output that is intended to work with iTunes then you'd need some headphones intended to use an audio input. Not USB. If the headphone are USB then they plug into the mac not the router.