Wireless Headphones-Best Alternative

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by trlyka, Nov 8, 2016.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

In the past I had used a few one piece wireless headsets that only worked for phone calls. I have since always been 'wired'. Now that I have the 7 plus, I am anxious for an all function (calls, music, etc.), wireless headset/earbuds. What I am not anxious for, is to spend $160 on a pair.

Any suggestions on a good alternative to the up and coming Apple wireless headphones?

Thanks

2. Vlada011 macrumors member

Vlada011

Maybe I will not give you answer as you expect but if you have iPhone 7 and if you use headphones often I would pay them 160$ for original Apple Airpods. But they work and with other models, 6, SE,... Price is higher, they worth 90-100$ if sound is good, but that's new thing and cost more.
    I'm one of rear people probably who think that removing jack is actually good thing only if sound with Airpods is great. And they look nice... In little box. I'm completely sure that I would not lost them.

[​IMG]

3. tma888 macrumors member

tma888

Just recently got a pair of Bragi Dash.
    Truly enjoying them after doing an
    upgrade to latest firmware. IMHO one
    of the best so far.

4. Paco II macrumors 65816

Got the Bragi Headphone on order. Optimistic. Didn't need all the features of the Dash. In all honesty I would have ordered the AirPods, but the EarPods do not fit my ears at all, always fall out, so I'm assuming the AirPods will be a no-go as well. Looking forward to trying the Headphone.

5. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Wow! :eek: Those are expensive. While I am sure they are great, I guess the Apple ones are the less expensive option.

6. Paco II macrumors 65816

I assume you are referring to the Dash, as The Headphone is cheaper than the AirPods. The Dash is more expensive but does far more than the AirPods do.

7. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Yes....I only saw the Dash at first, but also found "The Headphone' which seems like a good alternative....and they are available in black which I prefer. Thanks :)

8. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

For now....I ended up ordering the Soundpeats Q22 headphones for $27.99. They seem to get good reviews. I keep forgetting my adapter and leave my new headphones at home a lot because I have a set at work, so I never worried about it. I will upgrade in time when I have the $ :)

9. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Got the Sundpeats Q22 headphones on Saturday. I don't talk to too many people to get a true calibration, but one person said I sound like I am in a tunnel. I have the smallest ear attachments I can use, but they are a little uncomfortable. It could just take getting used to. There is a rubber 'hook' to hold it in place which I think is what causes the discomfort. I am not working out/running, so I may just take them off and see if it's better

10. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

Much better without the 'hooks'. Just takes time to adjust to the fit. Sometimes it feels like my ears are clogged (like on a plane)...I hear some headphones have a hole to allow for less suction in the ear?