Wireless headphones compatible with iMac?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jedi5, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Jedi5 macrumors 6502

Jedi5

Looking to buy a pair wireless headphones that will be compatible with my iMac.

As a gift, I received these Bose AE2W a few weeks ago.

From what I've read, these AE2W's are not recommended to be used with a desktop. The more I searched, the more I read of other users all having issues trying to pair these Bose to their computer.

I still haven't opened up my cans as I want to return/exchange them if need be and I figured it would be less of a hassle if they were closed.

So if I do return them, are these wireless cans someone can suggest that will be compatible with my iMac? Don't need anything fancy. I'll use mainly while I'm on the treadmill running and watching a movie from my mac.

thanks

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

They're Bluetooth, why wouldn't they work?

For that kind of money, I'd be VERY reluctant to wear them while exercising though. As someone that sweats (A LOT, sorry if that's TMI) while exercising, I can assure you that the Motorola S11 Flex HD headset WILL stand up to sweat. I've had mine for 18 months, used sporadically for the first few months then several times a week for the last year and they're holding up very well. They are advertised as water/sweat resistant and I can absolutely vouch for that. I wouldn't swim with them on, but using them in the rain shouldn't be a huge issue. Yes, they do work with the Mac (including play/pause/skip), as well as my Android phone, and they can pair to multiple devices (one at a time but it remembers multiples), as well as act as a headset for phone calls when paired to a phone.