Wireless headphones...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nicolecat, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

We work on macs at work, and they are phasing out our ability to use itunes...due to copyright issues (even if we bring in our own music, the company owns the computer...not the music)

So, I'm on the hunt for some good range wireless headphones...so I can listen to my tunes and pandora without being attached at the hip to my phone...

I found these...
    Motorola MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth Active Headphones - $50-ish
    http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Blue..._21?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&qid=1276264354&sr=8-21

I certainly don't need to jam out the point that I wouldn't hear a coworker when needed...so, I didn't know if there was anything just a little cheaper out there but of a decent quality still, or if this is my best bet. I definitely don't want anything bulkier...

Note: I did a search, but no one really seems to be up-to-date on any of this stuff...and didn't find much info of any help.

2. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

I bought a pair of these on eBay last year for bike riding. With the iPhone in the back pocket of my jersey I had a terrible connection most of the time. It would fade in and out constantly. I was not impressed at all. Not sure if I had a bad pair or they just suck, but they did not work for me.

3. thatninjaguy macrumors newbie

i heard bluetooth headsets can play music through them but I am not sure.

If not just check the Apple store. if that doesn't work just type in wireless headphones for iphones in google.

4. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Yeah, I've done this already.
    I've even looked on apple's website, ebay & amazon.

I was really hoping someone else had some working knowledge...I'll try you tube tonight to see if I can find some "hands-on" reviews...

Anyone else with any info, please chime in.
    Thanks so much.

5. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I am also interested in some wireless earphones, but high fidelity ones, noise isolating, an not bulkier at all.

6. smoothisfast macrumors member

I had my new model s9 for 2 days before returning them. The sound was good. The next and previous song buttons will not work in iPhone os 3.x. I read that they do in I os 4. The big thing is that I could not sleep with them. The part that wraps around the back of your head gets inn the way.

I'm waiting for the bluebuds to come out. Small and nice looking

7. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

8. snapper2323 macrumors member

snapper2323

I have had the Motorola's since last year when the 3GS came out. They work great. You can not skip tracks forward or back but that is not a limitation of the headphones but the iPhone. Apple needs to add AVRCP for this to work. All reports are that it will not be a part of iOS 4. You can jailbreak and get this functionality though.

9. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

How is the bulkyness?
    I'll be wearing these at work...so, I don't want to get a headache from the weight of them...

10. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

What are these?

11. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

I bought these for cycling too. They died after about a year from sweat. I think they are made for someone with a giant head, I'm about 5'10 and have a normal sized head, but these always want to fall off the back. Sound was good. They do have connection problems sometimes. They usually worked fine for me with my phone in my jersey though. They didn't work so well if I had my phone in my front jeans pocket mowing the grass. They work better indoors. I would not buy them again.

12. Nicolecat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

Hmmm...thanks.
    I am 5'7" and for a woman have a smaller nogin than most...I have to be careful when selecting sunglasses because they always are wider then my head...which sucks.

I guess I'll be holding out for a little while longer.
    AND because the whole dying because sweat...is an issue I'm seeing is pretty prevalent.

Argh...you'd think there would be more (reasonably priced) wireless headphone solutions on the market than this...

13. smoothisfast macrumors member

14. Built macrumors 68020

I picked up 3 Sony bluetooth DRBT22 headsets that work with iPod touch and iPhone for cheap from some close-out site.

They work like a charm. The only reason I don't use them in the gym is because I've become too used to earbuds...but I will say they are awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DRBT22-Wireless-Stereo-Headset/dp/B000VE7S9Q

Amazon has them for 99.99...I got them for like 15 bucks each. They've been discontinued, I think, so you might be able to find them for cheap.

15. army91c macrumors 6502a

I use the freedom bt headphones by jaybird. They are sweat proof and guaranteed as such.
    http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluetooth-stereo-headphones-features.php
    I modified the earbuds so they fit in the ear canal which I like better but you don't have to for them to sound good. They won't advance the songs on the 3gs but that's not a big deal to me. The mic is great and calls come through loud and clear except calls are not in stereo but that is the phone not the headphones. After extended use (4 hour flight) they start to wear on the top of my ears but again, that is 4 hours of constant use. I shave my head so the sweat just pours off my head and these are still going strong after about a year of use. Expensive but well worth it in my book. Give em a shot.
    Just checked out the blue buds.... I really would love a pair of those and will prob get them when they come out, I really like the in ear design. They don't appear to be sweat proof though so the freedom hp will prob be your best bet.

16. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I have the Plantronice/Altec Lansing Backbeat 906 and just LOVE them...great sound, solid build quality and very good phone internals...good fit and excellent battery life as well...got them priced matched (Amazon $67.99) at Fry's in San Diego and couldn't be happier...

17. yezza macrumors regular

I don't own them myself, but helped a non-techie friend select the Samsung SBH500. He uses them every day, loves them. After 5 months of usage he somehow squashed them and snapped one of the speakers off, but raced straight out and bought the same unit again. He's been using them with his 3G. I don't know how he's found the range, he always keeps the phone in his pocket.

Here's the first link I found:

http://www.welectronics.com/Bluetooth/SAMSUNG_SBH500.HTML

18. lao3hero macrumors member

How about Sony's HBH-is800? Anyone using them on their iphone 4? TIA.