Wireless Headset fir Mac and Ventrillo/ Teamspeek

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by trollking, Feb 12, 2008.

1. trollking macrumors member

trollking

My old headsets just died on me. Why, wee the wire got snagged too many times and pulled from the headset. I would like to replace it with a good wireless headset. I am on Ventrillo a lot. I know for the weekends I would probably need to by a second headset so I can swap out when one needs recharging. The main concern is the mic quality. I usually have the audio coming out of my speakers.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have seen a lot that say they are for Skype or whatever, will those work with Ventrillo?

Am hoping to keep the main headset under $200, if someone can recommend a good one for around $100 I would be very happy. Any input is much appreciated.

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

Im not sure you want to do this, you'll have recharging downtimes and it sounds like you'll hit it hard on the weekends, so battery life will be a real issue.
    I can answer the will it work question.
    Any bluetooth headset will work, so you may want to find one that works with your possible cell phone that I don't know about. Audio quality isn't generally great but can be. sorry no recommendations.

3. eyecool macrumors regular

I looked for bluetooh stereo headsets with a mic. I only found two and neither seemed that great. I thought finding a full sized wireless stereo headset with a boom mic would be easier.

4. mroseneo macrumors member

You have to realize that bluetooth headsets have two modes if they support them. If you are looking for a stereo headset with a mic, it has one mode called Headphones where stereo audio is played in full sound quality.

For the microphone, it must be in Headset mode which only supports low quality mono audio while talking and listening.

You will not be able to hear good stereo audio quality while using your mic. As a gamer, I think this would be a big problem for you. For listening only, the stereo headphones mode is pretty decent.

If I am wrong someone please let me know, but this has been my experience with bluetooth stereo headsets. I don't think that they support the bandwidth to have both full quality stereo and microphone support at the same time.

5. chickenninja macrumors 6502

chickenninja

dont use that technology, use speakerphone cause then you dont have any transmitters right next to your brain, the brains electrical. FCC standards exist for a reason. you wouldnt drink half a lethal dose of poison would you.
    so use speakerphone