wireless internet card for macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macgic, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Macgic macrumors 6502

does anyone know if i can get a wireless internet card for my macbook:apple:? my dad has one for his dell but not sure if they have them for Macs:apple:

2. pdjudd macrumors 601

MacBooks have had them standard since at least the G4 models.

3. wightstraker macrumors regular

If you're talking about a wifi card, then yes, mac laptops have had them for a while now.

If you're talking about a wireless broadband card (provided by Verizon, AT&T, etc.), I know most networks have USB cards along with ExpressCard slot cards, the former should work with your macbook.

4. Macgic thread starter macrumors 6502

ya the usb cards do you know how much they are and where i can get one?

5. wightstraker macrumors regular

You can get them from most wireless providers; the easiest solution would be to go to whoever your current cellphone provider is. If you sign up for a 2-year contract (which I wouldn't recommend) you can get a USB card for as cheap as $50, otherwise expect to pay a couple hundred bucks.

6. nemex macrumors regular

nemex

Look here, lots of WWAN info... You need to make sure the EV-DO modem you buy from your Wireless service provider is activated for the first time in a Windows machine prior to use in your macbook. I believe some of them can already be activated in Leopard, but dig into the above link to find out more. I do have a Franklin Wireless CDU-680 USB modem working under Leopard with a macbook C2D 10.5.1 and is great. If you choose the CDU-680 and you are using Leopard, you will need this, go to the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps!! :apple: