Wireless Internet connection is not connecting automatically

Nerdy Keith

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I recently replaced my wireless broadband modem with a faster one. But for some reason the connection does not automatically. I have to manually turn on the wireless connection every time the computer is turned on.

How to I set up my Mac computer to automatically turn on the wirelss internet every time its tuned on.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
I recently replaced my wireless broadband modem with a faster one. But for some reason the connection does not automatically. I have to manually turn on the wireless connection every time the computer is turned on.

How to I set up my Mac computer to automatically turn on the wirelss internet every time its tuned on.
Your iMac should do this automatically, what trouble shooting have you done, what version of OS X is installed and which iMac do you own?

Nerdy Keith

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I am using Mountain Lion on an iMac I got in 2008 and a MacBook Pro that I got in 2011.

It used to automatically log online with the old modem? Just not with the new one

eduardrw

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2013
Try this:
System Preferences-Network-Advanced on the WIFI tab select and delete (- sign) the WIFI network in question.
Then just connect and set it up again, carefully.