Wireless internet dropping out

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by duckkg5, May 3, 2009.

1. duckkg5 macrumors member

duckkg5

My unibody mbp sometimes stops loading web pages out of nowhere. I have to turn off the airport and turn it back on, then wait about 30 seconds before pages will load again. I tried cycling the power on my router to no avail. I also added 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1 as DNS servers a few months ago to make it faster. Any suggestions?

2. phil1995 macrumors member

When I bought mine, I had the same issue. Every few minutes, my wireless would drop out and I would have to turn it off and back on. I tried all the suggestions, and nothing worked.

Finally I just bought an atheros based wireless card for abour $30 on ebay and replaced the broadcom card. Havent had a single issue in about 10 months.

The broadcom cards suck.

3. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I had similar problems for a while. I couldn't stay connected for more than 1 minute, and downloading anything would stall the connection. I moved my router and that seemed to do the trick. It was going through about 5 walls and washer/dryers. This killed the connection. I moved it towards my room and it works great. After 2 months I bought a new router and it is even better. I think it has to do with the routers mainly. What kind of router do you have?