wireless internet issues in bootcamp xp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by emt8q5, Apr 23, 2008.

1. emt8q5 macrumors member

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem running XP in Boot Camp where the wireless internet loses connection about every 15 minutes? I have been running XP just fine via Boot Camp on my Penryn MBP for 2 months with virtually no issues, but all of the sudden this evening I'm dropping my internet connection constantly. Whats really odd is that after the connection is dropped, I am able to reconnect, but the icon tells me I'm not connected (PC with an X on it).

Just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this.

Thanks in advance!

2. dojinsung macrumors newbie

same with me

I've been having the same exact issue. I'm only getting 2 bars on my wireless internet, and it disconnects constantly.

On the other hand, there have been no issues with the internet in leopard.

Does anyone have advice to solve this issue?
    I think I read somewhere it might have to do with the router being old and not a "n" model. Is this true?

I think I'm going to go out and buy the airport extreme from the apple store to see if that fixes anything. I'll reply here with how it goes.

3. is2scooby macrumors newbie

Happening to me as well.

Wireless through my old Linksys 802.11g box works just fine in OS X.

Boot Camp & Windows XP is another story though.

Any ideas yet?

4. gopibhaktha macrumors newbie

Same with me too...

I am having the same issue except when my Machine goes to StandBy mode or if i hiberante my machine my wireless doesnt connect to the Router automatically. Even if i try to connect manually it fails. I have to Log Off from the notebook and log back in then it takes around a minute to connect to my Router.
    This SUCKS!!!!!!:mad:

5. Janus336 macrumors newbie

And another one...

I am experiencing the same problems.
    I use the xp-partition to play mmo´s. Worked like a blast for a long time. But suddenly I started losing connection. And it ain´t fun to freeze in the middle of a fight. A bit Pissed.
    This happenes regularly. I can connect again immediately, but will of course have to quit what I am doing. And it quits again in 15-20 min time.

Have you guys found a solution? Or are still fuming?

I should add that I use an imac, not powerbook or macbook pro. But I use an airport extreme station, and have no problem with the connection in Leopard. Just in xp.

Janus

6. RipeRetina macrumors regular

RipeRetina

same issue here.. has anyone found a fix for this yet? Does it have something to do with XP's wireless zero configuration? Is there another program to use for wireless???

7. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

Same issue for me. MacBook Pro, Windows XP, 802.11n on a airport extreme. It sucks trying to play online games (thats the only reason i have XP, and it doesn't work!)

Any work-around?