wireless internet problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skd, Jun 17, 2007.

1. skd macrumors 6502

I'm out of town visiting my daughter - got here last night and had no problem connecting to her wireless internet connection at her house from the mac partition of my 17" MPB. This morning everything was allright - I put the computer to sleep and when I came back two hours later, I was unable to connect to her wireless connect. But, when I go into bootcamp and use windows I'm able to connect. What's going on?
    On the mac partition I'm prompted "do you want to connect...." and when I say yes - then I short while later "unable to connect.." "retry" or "cancel" - when I click "retry" - it comes back with "unable to connect..."

2. showtime macrumors 6502

Try turning off your airport and turning it back on. If that doesn't work try powering off the router and powering it back on.

3. skd thread starter macrumors 6502

i tried turning the airport on and off - didn't work -
    i'll try turning the router on and off -
    but, i still don't understand why it works in bootcamp with windows and not on the mac partition

4. skd thread starter macrumors 6502

after hours of trying to connect to the wireless from the mac partition - it worked - i still would appreciate some insight to why i was able to connect from bootcamp in windows and not in the mac partition. I HATE TO USE WINDOWS!!!!!