Wireless internet stopped working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by equalsabracket, Feb 16, 2010.

1. equalsabracket macrumors regular

A few hours ago the wireless internet on my laptop stopped working. I have turned it off and on again, i have turned our wireless internet off and on again. I have also tested the internet on the other computers in the house (macs and pcs) and it works on all of them. I thought it might somehow be the distance so i've tried using it next to the internet box, still to no avail.

I took the laptop downstairs, came back up and when i sat back down, the internet stopped working on it. I didn't bash it about and i'm always very careful when carrying it around the place. Everything else still works on it.

It is displaying the wifi in the top right with the bars dimmed out and an exlamation mark in front. When i click it, under 'AirPort: On' it says 'Alert: No Internet Connection' and next to it is a triangle with an exclamation mark inside. I click that and the network status displays as:

AirPort - green
    AirPort Settings - green
    Network Settings - amber
    ISP - green
    Internet - red (underneath it says 'Failed')
    Server - red (underneath it says 'Failed')

I have a 15 inch unibody macbook pro, late 2008. Running snow leopard. Just out of warranty 2 weeks ago.

2. equalsabracket thread starter macrumors regular

It doesn't matter. I restored it to a recent time machine backup and all is working again now.