Wireless Issues - MacBook Pro Classic (Mid 2012)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Elmzeh, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Elmzeh, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013

Elmzeh macrumors regular

Elmzeh

Hey Everyone,

Hoping to get some help with an issue I've been having lately, so far the MacBook Pro has been excellent and meets all of my needs perfectly - I'm so happy that I decided to make the jump from Windows and will definitely not be looking back anytime soon!

I have however over the last few days been having some issues with my Wi-Fi connection. At first I thought it may have been my home router but I'm not so sure this is the case anymore, its been working perfectly for the last 3-4 weeks but for a few days now its gone a little crazy!

My Skype calls keep dropping out and the people that I'm speaking too claim that my voice is very choppy and keeps breaking up. I thought this may have been a signal issue so moved my router closes.. same issue... I sat on the table in the house no more than 1 foot from the router and the issue persists..

I can search on Safari perfectly and the websites load well but when it comes to applications it goes into meltdown.

I've tested it with Skype, Steam, Diablo III and WoW as well as a few other applications and its the same story - the Wi-Fi signal claims to be full strength, I can browse but applications just arent working with it.

I've tried the following;

1) Reset the router
    2) Restarted the router
    3) Reset the DNS Cache

****Update****

I've now connected the MacBook Pro via ethernet connection and the problem persists, could anyone confirm that this must mean that there is an issue with my ISP/Wireless box?

And none of the above have helped, its driving me mad because normally you can work backwards from these kind of issues and find a fix but at the moment I'm lost..

Has anyone got any advice that may be able help me?

Thanks,

Elmzeh

2. Texran macrumors regular

take it over to a friends house to eliminate the problem being in your router or modem.

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

What kind of ISP Speeds do you have, what kind of Router do you have, have you tried setting up QoS if the Router supports it?