Wireless Jewelry Box Charger

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MICHAELSD, Sep 10, 2014.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Reportedly the Apple Watch Edition comes with a jewelry box that users can set their Watch in to charge overnight.

Which begs the question: at $349 shouldn't every model include this...? :mad: The "Edition" model is rumored to cost well over $1k.

2. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

I guarantee it will cost $1K or more, no doubt in my mind.

3. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Yeah. But it's possible that they may sell the 'Box Charger' as an extra accessory if people want it who have the standard version.

4. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

No chance, they will want to keep it exclusive for the Edition - that's going to be this super exclusive, expensive thing for a very limited but cash rich segment.

5. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

The real question is, what will happen when apple watch 2 comes out the following year? Paying over 1k a year seems unsustainable.

Or... Like the original iPhone they drop the price after 3 months.

6. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I still think that we're looking at 2-3 year cycles on this product. I don't think they can push them out yearly.

7. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

The people spending 1k on the apple watch probably have luxury watches costing well over 10k, so the 1k yearly is nothing. I almost think it will be a product you have to order online and not readily in stock.

8. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

No, I'm fairly certain that there will be yearly updates. But only with the technology inside the device. I think we'll se a redesign in 'Early 2016' as most new Apple products get a redesign after the first year. E.g iPad 2, iPhone 3G were both a second generation redesign. However, after that, I think we'll be looking at 2018/2019 for another redesign.

Basically, I think it will be updated yearly. But only in tech/software. Not a redesign, that'll happen every 2-3 years.

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

It's sustainable... just depends on your income.

Steve Jobs bought a new Benz every six months. Was perfectly sustainable for his income.

10. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

My guess is, the people who buy the Gold Edition version won't tend to be 'tech addicts', e.g people who read MacRumors. Of course some will, but I guess most people on this forum will buy the Sport or Apple Watch version, essentially to keep the cost down, and therefore buy one every 1-2 years.

11. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Vertu somehow manages to sell really high priced phones to their clients, although I have no idea how profitable they are.

12. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

He worked out a lease deal with Mercedes that was ongoing but would put him in a new car regularly.

He was likely paying 1500-2000/mo... Not 100k every 6 months.