Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macachia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Hi,

just ordered a new 24inch imac with wireless keyboard & wireless mighty mouse. I take it for granted that the wired versions won't be included in the order..which brings me to the question. Why does Apple mentions wired keyboard & mouse as requirements to install and ''pair'' the wireless kb & mouse? ( http://www.apple.com/keyboard/ )

What should I do if I don't have a wired apple kb & mouse?

thanks for any answers
Ant

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hi,

just ordered a new 24inch imac with wireless keyboard & wireless mighty mouse. I take it for granted that the wired versions won't be included in the order..which brings me to the question. Why does Apple mentions wired keyboard & mouse as requirements to install and ''pair'' the wireless kb & mouse? ( http://www.apple.com/keyboard/ )

thanks for any answers
Ant
My guess is you may need to type something in the BT setup to pair your new devices though if I recall, I never had to type anything.

CarlsonCustoms

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2007
Back when I used the previous gen BT kb and mouse when in discovery mode the mac would show a sequence you had to type and when typed the keyboard would be paired. Pretty simple once you do it.

Personally I never liked BT accessories becuase of the tiny bit of lag and sometimes lost connections.

Zack

GoodWatch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2007
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hi,

thanks for any answers
Ant

I ordered an iMac 20" with the same. It came without the wired versions because that is exactly what I (and you) ordered. The pre-installed Tiger included the drivers and I could walk through the whole setup without any problems. I guess yours will come with Leopard per-installed, also with the drivers. You don't need a wired keyboard/mouse.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Back when I used the previous gen BT kb and mouse when in discovery mode the mac would show a sequence you had to type and when typed the keyboard would be paired. Pretty simple once you do it.

Personally I never liked BT accessories becuase of the tiny bit of lag and sometimes lost connections.

Zack
I________use a BT keyboard and I never________experience________l ag. Eve r.

CarlsonCustoms

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2007
I________use a BT keyboard and I never________experience________l ag. Eve r.

WOW that is hilarious.. I dont usually ACTuALLY lol but I did then..

wired or nothing for me.. except on my home theater pc i use wireless just becuase its more sexy.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
WOW that is hilarious.. I dont usually ACTuALLY lol but I did then..

wired or nothing for me.. except on my home theater pc i use wireless just becuase its more sexy.

home + theater = sexy. Home + theater + pc = unsexy. ;) lol

CarlsonCustoms

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2007
home + theater = sexy. Home + theater + pc = unsexy. ;) lol

hey I think if you saw my setup I'd be able to woo you! actually at the moment there is no pc in my living room.. I got an apple TV!! yaa

sorry for getting off topic but yah jessica you'd be all over my ht..lol

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
hey I think if you saw my setup I'd be able to woo you! actually at the moment there is no pc in my living room.. I got an apple TV!! yaa

sorry for getting off topic but yah jessica you'd be all over my ht..lol
You think you can woo me with your setup? ;) Wait are we still talking about home theaters?

Iuseonetooandtheonlyproblemihaveisthatthespacebarsometimesdoesn'twork.
i use__________d to have__________that pr__________oblem in another__________threa__________d. It was____________________annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.