wireless kb & mouse on a new mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macachia, Nov 9, 2007.

1. macachia macrumors regular

Hi,

just ordered a new 24inch iMac with wireless keyboard & wireless mighty mouse. I take it for granted that the wired versions won't be included in the order..which brings me to the question. Why does Apple mentions wired keyboard & mouse as requirements to install and ''pair'' the wireless kb & mouse? ( http://www.apple.com/keyboard/ )

What should I do if I don't have a wired apple kb & mouse?

thanks for any answers
    Ant

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My guess is you may need to type something in the BT setup to pair your new devices though if I recall, I never had to type anything.

3. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

Back when I used the previous gen BT kb and mouse when in discovery mode the mac would show a sequence you had to type and when typed the keyboard would be paired. Pretty simple once you do it.

Personally I never liked BT accessories becuase of the tiny bit of lag and sometimes lost connections.

Zack

4. GoodWatch macrumors 6502a

GoodWatch

I ordered an iMac 20" with the same. It came without the wired versions because that is exactly what I (and you) ordered. The pre-installed Tiger included the drivers and I could walk through the whole setup without any problems. I guess yours will come with Leopard per-installed, also with the drivers. You don't need a wired keyboard/mouse.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I________use a BT keyboard and I never________experience________l ag. Eve r.

6. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

WOW that is hilarious.. I dont usually ACTuALLY lol but I did then..

wired or nothing for me.. except on my home theater pc i use wireless just becuase its more sexy.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

home + theater = sexy. Home + theater + pc = unsexy. ;) lol

8. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

hey I think if you saw my setup I'd be able to woo you! actually at the moment there is no pc in my living room.. I got an apple TV!! yaa

sorry for getting off topic but yah jessica you'd be all over my ht..lol

9. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

Iuseonetooandtheonlyproblemihaveisthatthespacebarsometimesdoesn'twork.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You think you can woo me with your setup? ;) Wait are we still talking about home theaters?

i use__________d to have__________that pr__________oblem in another__________threa__________d. It was____________________annoying.

11. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

Crap who is talking about home theaters? Wow I'm embarrased now.. guess we should take this to pm as not to disrupt a perfectly good thread.