Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Hey everyone. Since I got a MacBook Pro, it's kind of hard to be more than arms length from the screen. So I figure I should invest in a good wireless keyboard and mouse.

I'm thinking Bluetooth, just so that I don't have to plug in an extra thing into the computer (like wireless USB), however if wireless USB is truly better then I will consider it.

Anyway, I live in Canada (Toronto), if that makes a difference on brands, or where to buy and all that nonsense.

So, other than the wireless Mighty Mouse (is that any good?) and the Apple wireless keyboard, what are some good ones? I just need a keyboard, nothing fancy with a thousand buttons. As for the mouse, two buttons and a scroll wheel is all I need. Or maybe a 3 button mouse (since I'm learning Maya).

Phew! Anyway... so... yes. Any advice anyone?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I would like to know suggestions for the above as well. I have tried the wired Mighty Mouse and didn't like it - it definitely takes some getting used to, but I don't like the "flatness" of the Mac mice in general, even if I did get used to the rest of it. I expect the Mac wireless kb is as good as you will get, but what do others have to say?

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
I would recommend the Logitech VX Revolution as a mouse. I have the portable version and I like it. As a keyboard I use the Apple Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard, it does it's job well, too.

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Thanks for the recommendation, WillJS :)

I checked out the VX Revolution webpage. Looks like a pretty good mouse, though I'm still not sure.

Though I did notice that there's also an MX Revolution. The VX doesn't say it supports Mac, but the MX does. Did you mean the MX? They both look pretty good, though.

Is wireless USB better than Bluetooth? I mean, what's the difference?

Anyone else with any recommendations?

Kaiser Phoenix

Cancelled
May 12, 2005
I use the bluetooth mighty mouse and for me, its absolutely superb. It isnt great for FPS gaming but it works well for strategy games.

Other than that, the ball scroll which scrolls 360 degrees is very useful in viewing large safari/pdf pages etc.

Battery life is great too where i just use 1 single alkaline batter lasting me around 4 months. You can use 2 as well if you prefer it heavier.

Wonderful mouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.