Wireless Keyboard and Mouse from Apple

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Hatchet, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Hatchet macrumors regular

How long typically do the batteries last on a wireless keyboard and mouse from Apple?

Typical use: 10-14 hours a day

Am i crazy even considering getting them?:confused:

2. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

I use one on a Mac mini (not that that matters) and its on for perhaps the same period, and I change the batteries every 4 months or so.

3. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

The mighty mouse actually has an impressive battery life, I have it for almost 3 months and the battery is still at 100% (and I use it a lot), on the other hand the keyboard is right now at 83% and has been around for few weeks, maybe there's something wrong with it or kept turned on for a long while (I think that happened not sure).
    Anyway, the mighty mouse will be perfect for that timing and I believe the keyboard might have a somewhat similar endurance; however the cost of 2 (or 3 in the keyboard) AA batteries is very low, changing them every once in a while is not much of a monetary concern. Hope this helped.

-Victor

4. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

With that usage, you will probably get 6 to 8 weeks, possibly a little longer.

5. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

It might go a quite longer (not being mathematical about time usage), because according to Apple's website...
    "Intelligent power management conserves battery life by automatically powering down the keyboard when you’re not using it and turning it on the instant you start typing."

-Victor

6. eyemac74119 macrumors member

say it takes 4 batteries for a keyboars and 2 for a mouse thats 6 batteries

it may take 20-30 bucks to but 12 rechargeable batteries but you would only have to make that initial investment that should theoretically last you 3 years between the 2 sets. and it would be high quality nickel metal(do not get nickel cadiums they suck)

and like i said more cost up front but more last

20dollars.....
    /3years
    6.66dollars a year

5 dollars for a decent brand of batteries(energizer duracell rayovac)
    8-10 weeks
    buy batteries 5-6 times a year
    32 dollars a year :-|

see the crappy math skills difference?:apple::apple::apple::p:cool::p

hey im not trying to be mean or rude. i just happened to think this way as i have struggled with wireless kboards and mice over the years

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I have yet to have a major drain in either set of batteries in over 2 months. Around 90% left!