Wireless keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pieman02, Jun 30, 2007.

1. pieman02 macrumors regular

I just got a new 2.4 MBP, and I want a wireless (preferably Bluetooth, but Ill settle for the USB transmitter thing if its way cheaper) keyboard and mouse set to run in clamshell mode...

For those that use a setup like this, what has worked best for you as far as quality/quietness/weight, and how much did they cost? Also wondering if there are any backlit wireless (or usb wired) keyboards you know about that work well cause I LOVE backlit keyboard on the MBP

Thanks ;)

2. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

I love the minimalist approach of Apple's wireless K&M. The only downside is that they are a nightmare to clean. And they aren't backlit - yet. I haven't used Micro$haft'$ wireless laser 8000 but this is the only one I know that is backlit and wireless. However, I'm boycottying Micro$haft (and encouraging others to do the same) because Vista is the biggest load of bollocks ever released! I purchased it as I need to support my clients who run it. Pitty poor them.

Wait a while and I'm sure Apple will release a new wireless K&M. Or get a logitech wireless set for the mac.

Let us know which you go for.

3. pieman02 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow...Im really suprised right now because looking on newegg the cheapest bluetooth keyboards are more expensive than Apples!!! CRAP! Well the last set I had was $40, made by HP and I liked it because it was on the cheaper side but I want to find a flatter keyboard.

As far as a backlit one goes, I am willing to sacrifice the wireless for a good usb backlit keyboard (then Ill just get a BT mouse or something). How many of you have used Apples BT mighty mouse? Worth the money?

4. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

The Logitech S350 set is not backlit, but is very functional, and can easily be found for around $50 USD.

5. NikBar macrumors newbie

hey,

I was recently in the market for a mouse and was considering a Wireless USB mouse but did some more research and found the LOGITECH V270 BT mouse.

This mouse is great, easy to install, easy to use, its not to big nor is it too small. It has a bit of weight on it but it feels great to use and best of all no dongle hanging out the side of my MAC :D.

I paid $59 AUD so you should be able to find it cheaper in the US.

I deffinately recomend this mouse.

6. pieman02 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Ill check that out!

7. phalewhale macrumors 6502a

phalewhale

Sorry... silly me. What a mistake'a to make'a

8. kinesin macrumors regular

Does the Logitech S530 work in clamshell mode?

I've not got mine to work like that without using insomniaX, it seems that when I close the lid the macbook goes to sleep, powering down the USB dongle hence you can't click the mouse to way it up again. Am I just trying to switch to clamshell mode the 'wrong way'?

9. Pyropaul555 macrumors newbie

I've heard that what you're supposed to do is hit the power button to turn on your computer and than immediately close the laptop and the computer should automatically boot up on the external monitor you have plugged in.