Wireless keyboard and track pad protective plexiglass case?

jman995x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
My cats tend to jump up on my computer table while I'm at work and they step all over the wireless keyboard and/or track pad, thus turning my iMac on when I'm not home. Obviously I want to prevent this to prolong the life of the iMac.

So, does anybody know of a company out there that produces basically a lexan or plexiglass cover (similar to the box the keyboard came in), that I can put over the keyboard and track pad?
This way, if the cats step on the plexiglass case while I'm at work, the keyboard and track pad are protected and my iMac will remain asleep.

Cardboard box cutouts won't work (at least for me) because 1) they aren't strong enough to withstand the weight of a cat, and 2) I want something aesthetically pleasing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

J.

hallux

macrumors 68030
Apr 25, 2012
Why not just turn them off? You could also disable the option in Preferences that allows Bluetooth devices to wake the computer. It's in the Bluetooth pane then click Advanced.

opinio

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2013
My cats tend to jump up on my computer table while I'm at work and they step all over the wireless keyboard and/or track pad, thus turning my iMac on when I'm not home. Obviously I want to prevent this to prolong the life of the iMac.

So, does anybody know of a company out there that produces basically a lexan or plexiglass cover (similar to the box the keyboard came in), that I can put over the keyboard and track pad?
This way, if the cats step on the plexiglass case while I'm at work, the keyboard and track pad are protected and my iMac will remain asleep.

Cardboard box cutouts won't work (at least for me) because 1) they aren't strong enough to withstand the weight of a cat, and 2) I want something aesthetically pleasing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

J.
Newer Tech makes a few things like that but mostly for Mac minis

I wonder if this would work?

http://www.newertech.com/products/nustandxl.php

Or this:

http://www.macfixit.com.au/macessity-laptuk-pro-monitor-stand-for-apple-laptops-with-up-to-17-lcd-screens-5.html

Try searching for a plexiglass monitor stand maybe. You don't have to use it as a stand but it will be about the right size.