Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Battery Life?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by littlesmegger, Aug 12, 2011.

1. littlesmegger macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm expecting my new iMac to be arriving today or Monday, and will be getting the usual wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse included.

To have a rough idea in the days/weeks/months ahead. How often are people finding themselves replacing/recharging batteries with these usual accessories? Also with the Trackpad, as I'll be considering it as a purchase down the road.

Cheers :D

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Keyboard-never had to replace them in one year.
    Mouse-about once a month, before I sold it(scratches way too easily, like trackpad better).

3. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

my parents just bought the mini and they are using my keyboard and mouse. i gave them the keyboard at 72% charge and mouse at 100% charge. both haven't lost a percent point in 5 days and have been one the entire time. i would say every few months for a heavy user. you should buy the apple battery charger. it comes with 6 batteries. im using those now.

http://www.apple.com/battery-charger/

4. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Mouse goes first (about a month to two months) and then the keyboard usually about a year

5. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

My mouse goes about every two months. I have absolutely zero scratches on my magic mouse so I don't know what appleguy123 is saying. Trackpad is slower, mouse is way more effcient and quick to operate

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I usually get 4-6 months from a set of batteries in my Apple Wireless Keyboard, with normal use being 14+ hours a day, 7 days a week.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

My mouse scratches when I look at it the wring way. Was even scratched when I took it out of the box!