Wireless keyboard on fritz, can't remeber passcode

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iisarenotnobody, Mar 24, 2009.

1. iisarenotnobody macrumors member

*Typing this w/ a dell USB keyboard

I come home after school to go on my iMac and only my mouse responds, I can not type anything and the keyboard gives me 2 green flashes every 3 seconds. I restart and reset PRAM and hope its fixed. thanks to auto login I am on my desktop but still can not type anything and getting 2 green flashes, I remove the keyboard from BT list and try setting it up again, now I it starts asking me for the passcode. My iMac came with the wireless keyboard so I have no idea what the passcode is, and I get pop-up after pop-up asking me for the passcode. Is there anyway to reset the keyboard itself or enter in a generic passcode? (Tried 0000 and 1234)

2. jw2002 macrumors 6502

Are you talking about the pairing procedure? At least for Apple branded wireless keyboards, the way it works is a pop up appears with some numerical code which you then need to type in on the keyboard. Once finished, the keyboard is paired with that computer. Does the Dell keyboard work in some other manner for pairing purposes? If so, then I would search for a manual on-line and see if there is a way to reset the Dell keyboard to its factory defaults.

3. iisarenotnobody thread starter macrumors member

I'm using a dell wired keyboard to type this because my apple wireless (aluminum) has gone on the fritz and I don't know the Passcode because I had the keyboard come with the iMac

4. 29255 macrumors newbie

need a pass code number for an aluminum wireless keyboard

I operate from a home office and share an office at a corp site. I have apple aluminum wireless keyboards and mice on both ends. I just bought a new macbook pro and am trying to get the keyboard to work. The mouse works fine but the keyboard batteries were dead. I replaced the batteries and tried to pair. The pairing process asks for a passcode. I can't remember what the code was and guessing isn't working. Anyone have any ideas? I did reset the keyboard by holding the power button down for 3 seconds. Help!