Wireless keyboard problems

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iHusky, Jun 26, 2008.

1. iHusky macrumors newbie

Well I got an Apple wireless keyboard as a present a while back, and just recently started using it. Problem is, there seems to be a larger than normal delay between the time that I press the button and when it appears on the screen. If I type slowly, it isn't terrible, but if I type at a normal pace, I find myself a sentence or so ahead of where the screen is displaying.

Can anyone tell me if this behavior is typical of all wireless keyboards, or if I just happened to have a bad experience? :confused:

2. solidgoldmini macrumors regular

A delay is not normal. I have an Apple Wireless Keyboard and it's probably the most responsive one I've used. I'm not really sure what would cause the delay-maybe interference from something nearby is messing with the bluetooth signal?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

A delay isn't normal at all. What are the specs of the computer you're using? Have you used Activity Monitor to see if something is dominating your system resources? It might not be a bluetooth or keyboard issue, but something that's making your system run slow. Also, have you replaced the batteries in the keyboard?