Wireless keyboard setting question different language

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by gekoo, Jun 22, 2012.

1. gekoo, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012

gekoo macrumors member

I live in Japan and I would love to get some information about different languages on the wireless keyboard. Since I live here I can buy either an english or japaneese keyboard but I think I'll go with a japanese one.
    But my question is, since I'm swedish we have 3 more alphabetical letters than english. Can I set these up on the wireless japanese keyboard (or english)? Since it has the space on the right side of the letters iop and jkl so the letters fit.
    And one more thing, Can I use this one on a mac computer?

Thanks in advance

2. APlotdevice, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I don't know about the Japanese keyboard, but through brief testing I have determined that on an english keyboard the three extra letters are automatically mapped to the left square bracket ( [ ), colon, and quotation mark keys. As this suggests however in Swedish mode the punctation does not match what is on the keyboard. So outside of the letters and numbers you would need to memorize (or mark down) which key does what.

3. gekoo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your answer.

I also called the japanese mac support, He sent me a mail after the conversation saying that the keys @ : and ; worked as the å ä and ö in the swedish alphabet. So I might go ahead and buy a wireless keyboard.