Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
So I had wanted to get the bluetooth keyboard for my desk setup for my macbook air and went to the apple store to find out they didn't have any. :mad: I was :eek: that they didn't have any because they usually would have atleast two shelves of them. Asked a guy and he said to go online and order it. Well I wasn't going to wait 5-7 days for it to ship. Tried two best buy locations around there and the second one I got the last one! :D Anyone else found they are in short demand in their area??

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
Sure looks like it.

FYI: You can tell if the keyboard is the newest version based off how many batteries it needs.

Old = 3AA
New = 2AA

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Well best buy honored the $69 price apple has online for this older model so I'm not upset, there isn't really a difference between the two besides battery's?

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2009
I have two of the previous model, seems like the only difference is two batteries instead of 3 so this won't make me want to upgrade. My current ones work great and I have more than enough rechargables now.

anyone upgrading just to save one battery in use?

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
I have two of the previous model, seems like the only difference is two batteries instead of 3 so this won't make me want to upgrade. My current ones work great and I have more than enough rechargables now.

anyone upgrading just to save one battery in use?

The new ones have a new power management thing. Where it turns off if you dont use it and turns back on immediately after u start typing. Its cool because it saves on replacement batteries.

The Apple Wireless Keyboard now requires just two AA batteries — one less than the previous model. And its intelligent power management system conserves battery life. So when you’re not using it, the keyboard automatically powers down. The instant you start typing, your keyboard turns on.

rgarjr

macrumors 604
Apr 2, 2009
Southern California
The new ones have a new power management thing. Where it turns off if you dont use it and turns back on immediately after u start typing. Its cool because it saves on replacement batteries.

The Apple Wireless Keyboard now requires just two AA batteries — one less than the previous model. And its intelligent power management system conserves battery life. So when you’re not using it, the keyboard automatically powers down. The instant you start typing, your keyboard turns on.

Doesn't the older one go to sleep also when you don't use it? I never turn my keyboard off, except when I clean it.

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Doesn't the older one go to sleep also when you don't use it? I never turn my keyboard off, except when I clean it.

Yes both my "old model" ones go to sleep. I only have to replace the batteries every 3 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.