Wireless keyboard short demand.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pvmacguy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

So I had wanted to get the bluetooth keyboard for my desk setup for my macbook air and went to the apple store to find out they didn't have any. :mad: I was :eek: that they didn't have any because they usually would have atleast two shelves of them. Asked a guy and he said to go online and order it. Well I wasn't going to wait 5-7 days for it to ship. Tried two best buy locations around there and the second one I got the last one! :D Anyone else found they are in short demand in their area??

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

3. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Yep, exactly. Just like my new magic mouse...they're shipping shortly. :D

4. njl macrumors regular

did they lower the price by $10? i'm still trying to see if they did.. :confused:

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I was just thinking that! Or my university is charging $10 more

6. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Sure looks like it.

FYI: You can tell if the keyboard is the newest version based off how many batteries it needs.

Old = 3AA
    New = 2AA

7. pvmacguy thread starter macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Well best buy honored the $69 price apple has online for this older model so I'm not upset, there isn't really a difference between the two besides battery's?

8. 929406 macrumors regular

I have two of the previous model, seems like the only difference is two batteries instead of 3 so this won't make me want to upgrade. My current ones work great and I have more than enough rechargables now.

anyone upgrading just to save one battery in use?

9. BigJohno macrumors 65816

The new ones have a new power management thing. Where it turns off if you dont use it and turns back on immediately after u start typing. Its cool because it saves on replacement batteries.

The Apple Wireless Keyboard now requires just two AA batteries — one less than the previous model. And its intelligent power management system conserves battery life. So when you’re not using it, the keyboard automatically powers down. The instant you start typing, your keyboard turns on.

10. 05slvrscape macrumors member

They are now delayed 7-10 days in the Canadian Apple store. I am hoping stores in Vancouver see them soon.

11. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Doesn't the older one go to sleep also when you don't use it? I never turn my keyboard off, except when I clean it.

13. pvmacguy thread starter macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

Yes both my "old model" ones go to sleep. I only have to replace the batteries every 3 months.