Wireless keyboard sw upgrade issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shaynaeh, Mar 7, 2009.

1. shaynaeh macrumors newbie

during SW to my mini-mac wireless key board the keyboard stop responding.
    now i have left without an ability to work with my wireless keyboard.
    is there any why to reset the keyboard to default setting so it will come to live again..

thanks,
    shay

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Were you doing an update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 or an upgrade from 10.4 to 10.5? If its a white wireless keyboard there should be a toggle switch on the underside of the keyboard. Flip it a couple times until you see a blinking green light, which means its in discoverable mode. If instead its an aluminum keyboard, one that lacks the numpad, on the right side of the keyboard, opposite where the batteries go in is the power button. Tap it once, see if it starts to respond. Also consider replacing or re-seating the batteries if you haven't done so recently.

Definitely also take a look at the Bluetooth pane in your system preferences, make sure that its active and that your Bluetooth card didn't suddenly go out of whack.

3. shaynaeh thread starter macrumors newbie

Wireless keyboard firmware update

Hi thanks,
    my wireless keyboard is the aluminum keyboard.
    i have tried to tap the power key, nothing happened.
    anyway to reset it to default setting ?

shay

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

You can try to go into the Bluetooth pane I mentioned and try removing and readding the keyboard. If it cannot find the keyboard, even after replacing the batteries, you might want to see if you can't get the keyboard swapped out or a replacement mailed to you through AppleCare.
    I noticed I didn't mention an additional step to try, so I'm including them here. Access the "About This Mac" option under the :apple: menu, click on the "More Info" button to bring up the System Profiler. Select Bluetooth under Hardware on the left, make sure the built-in component of the card itself is recognized. If its not, you'll want to reset the SMC on the computer. On a desktop system, you typically shut it off, disconnect all external devices (power, external drive, printer, internet), let it stand for 15 seconds and then reconnect everything and start it back up.