Wireless keyboard/trackpad combo?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mojito, Aug 8, 2014.

1. mojito macrumors member

Are there any wireless keyboards that have a trackpad as well that are worth getting? I bought a logitech one that was garbage. Lots of lag and broke in 6 months.

I have my MBP hooked to my TV a lot of the time and I can get one of those little handheld remote things with a ball track and small keyboard, but I'd ideally like a full keyboard and trackpad if possible.

Thanks.

2. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

You can get several "frames" which will hold the Apple Wireless Keyboard along with the Apple Wireless Trackpad as a single device. I use one when controlling my MacMini media server connected to my TV while sitting on the couch.

I have tried several and my favorite is the "Clique" by Henge Docks:

http://hengedocks.com/products/clique-magic-trackpad-and-wireless-keyboard-dock

The "Magic Wand" by TwelveSouth also works well, but isn't as stable while holding in your lap.

http://www.twelvesouth.com/product/magicwand

3. mojito thread starter macrumors member

Whoa, that Clique one looks excellent. Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks a ton.

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I'm looking for the same thing, I dnt mind something like the Henge Dock Clique, but I've read a number of reviews saying the trackpad gets stuck when clicking. Anyone have issues with this? Or is it just a few users complaining?

Otherwise other/better options? Any of the other combo units like the Logitech any good now?

5. brentmore macrumors 6502

brentmore

I've had great success using the Logitech K400r to control my media center.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

the logitech solo keyboards are nice. the bluetooth one connects two three different devices. they feel good and never need batteries.

7. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks for the suggestion. Does any Logitech keyboard work with a Mac, all the same gestures, etc? I don't see OSX support listed on them. I looked at the TK820, it seemed great if it works with OSX.

Not sure what the Logitech Solo is, not seeing it anywhere.

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

9. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks, wondered if it was the Solar, no Solo. But no trackpad anyway, so wasn't sure. I ended up ordering the Henge Dock Clique and an Apple Keyboard and Trackpad.