Wireless Keyboard - Weird Behavior When I Type 'dea'

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by oliverj777, May 9, 2012.

1. oliverj777 macrumors newbie

oliverj777

This is a weird one folks.

I have a MacPro with an apple wireless keyboard (aluminum), that seems to go really weird when I type 'dea' at normal typing speed. I honestly don't understand why, or what exactly its doing.

Right, the behavior once I've typed dea:

Mouse left click acts as a right (so the option window keeps popping up)

Return key works fine

Delete key works fine

'H' acts like the delete key

Apostrophe works fine

Every other key either doesn't do anything, or triggers the system alert sound.

I have to turn off and turn on my keyboard every time, and it seems to work fine after that. Any ideas? (it just bugged out again because I typed 'i-dea' :mad: )

Thanks

2. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

3. oliverj777 thread starter macrumors newbie

oliverj777

Doubt its the battery as its been doing this when the batteries were full. But I shall give it ago when I buy some new ones.

Thanks

4. appelton macrumors newbie

did you find any solution ? i have exactly THE SAME PROBLEM :(

5. Carpe Discus macrumors newbie

This behavior sounds like a stuck Control (CTRL) key. Are you accidentally pressing the control key, and then at the typing speed you're using the key up isn't being sent? Is it a cheap keyboard? Have you tried typing those characters slowly? Maybe you have them down all at once and there's a bug in the keyboard firmware. Maybe try pressing on both CTRL keys after this happens to see if the correct key up gets sent?

6. EmpyreanUK macrumors regular

This sounds like a problem we occasionally see at the company I work for. We have a number of workstations out in the warehouse, where they're liable to get a bit grubby. Grit, dust and whatever else can get stuck underneath the keyboard keys, making it appear as though they're being pressed when in actuality they are not. This results in the kind of bat-**** behaviour you're describing. Try cleaning the keyboard, either by squirting some compressed air beneath the keys, blowing hard beneath them yourself, or by turning it up on its side and tapping against the desk. If loads of crap falls out, this could well have been the problem.