wireless keyboard with numeric keypad

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maflynn, May 31, 2013.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm looking to reduce the wire clutter on my desk and so I think I'm in the market for a wireless keyboard. I like the look of the apple wireless keyboard but there's one huge issue - no numeric keypad. I really need a numeric keypad - I've been using keyboards with keypads since the IBM PC days and I can't live without it.

I thought apple sold a numeric keypad along with the the wireless keyboard? I can't seem to find it at the apple store.

I also found this keyboard - anyone have any experience with the logitech K750?
    k750.png

Any other keyboard recommendations, must be a mac keyboard. I understand pc keyboards work but I'd rather have one that has the same keys as what I have now.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I just picked this up from a guy in the MP. The keys feel slightly different than the current keyboards Apple sells but I have gotten used to it enough to where I think I like the feel. It works great in my office as the solar keyboard and I'm happy that I don't need batteries. There is a very small USB dongle needed, as with many Logitech devices.

I highly recommend it as of right now. It is also great to have a keypad back without needing the wired keyboard.

3. opinio, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  4. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Good to know, its on my short list

Thanks, that's along the lines of what I was looking for.

:)

5. flynz4 macrumors 68040

The external BT keypads that I have seen look OK on the web... but when I saw them live... they were made of cheap looking silver plastic.

/Jim

6. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

maflynn - do a search in this forum, there are a couple threads on that keyboard. I have one and love it.

7. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I did a search on the k750 and that helped thanks. I previously did a search on apple wireless and numeric keypad.

I'm on the fence for the logitech, on one hand it looks great. The need for a usb dongle, is irritating and it seems to take an obscure battery that is hard to find when you need it.

The Apple keyboard takes normal batteries and its tactile feedback is I'm sure like its wired brother.

I may head on over to my local apple store to see how I can type on the smaller wireless version and/or visit microcenter which carries the logitech keyboard as well.

8. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

As you've probably read in my other thread responses....love mine...had it since pre-order models shipped. My home office isn't extremely well lit but have never checked the battery power or gotten a warning (and I never shut it off via the on/off switch). The little USB dongle is a drag that it uses a port, but I also have a Performance MX mouse, so I get "two for one" in that I can run the KB and mouse from one dongle.