Wireless keyboard?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by RevolvingSheep, Mar 10, 2012.

1. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

Who uses a wireless keyboard with their iPad and why? Why do you find it necessary? I'm thinking about buying the Apple brand one but I'm not sure if I will need it.

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I think with the new voice dictation, only really hardcore users will need it. I think it has almost been rendered obsolete now.

I planned on getting a wireless keyboard or a stylus, but now I'm not. It's not that hard to type on the virtual keyboard, and the voice dictation will work with third-party apps.

I plan to do a lot of screenwriting on it as well.

3. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

My main thought was using it to take notes in College... and I think I could type faster with an actual keyboard.

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Heh - kind of hard to dictate in class. A keyboard sounds like a better choice there.

5. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Here is what I would do. First, try taking notes with the virtual keyboard. If you are unhappy with that or feel you are too slow at typing, you can then try out a wireless keyboard. As far as which keyboard to go with, I can't really help you there, though I am sure the Apple one isn't bad.

6. LaazyEye macrumors regular

If you're taking notes in class, then you should get a keyboard so you can keep your attention on the lecture and not on the screen to make sure you're hitting the right keys.