wireless keyboards

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tildesley, Nov 17, 2013.

1. tildesley macrumors regular

quick question I think, got a MBP13 which I use in normal & bootcamp modes.

If i use a wireless keyboard, say bluetooth or wifi, do I have to keep setting it up & registering it everytime I switch systems or will it just "work"?

2. pscl macrumors 6502

Logitech K811!

Best Keyboard for mac i think. Perfect feeling, illuminated Keys, 3 different Devices connectable and fast switch between them.

3. tildesley thread starter macrumors regular

Does it just connect & go between PC & Mac boots though? my concern is having to spend time reconnecting everytime I flip systems

4. pscl macrumors 6502

it switches really fast between ipad, iphone, imac and macbook, i guess pc shouldnt be a problem too!

but remember: the k811 is a mac optimized keyboard (CMD-Key etc.)

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Once it's set up on both partitions it should work without you having to set it up again...Windows and OSX.

6. exupery macrumors member

exupery

Microsoft keyboard for IMAC?

We're getting another 21 inch IMac for my wife and she likes to use the ergonomic wireless keyboard (Microsoft Wireless Comfort) that she was using on the old mac mini.
    Will that work with the IMAC? So far I have brought it into the same room with my new IMAC and can't get it to be recognized. Don't know if it is because there is another device on her computer table which is used for wireless connection signals which I have not transferred but suspect that might be the reason. On the other hand if I go to the trouble of disconnecting it and re-connecting it here will that be enough or will it still be incompatible with the new IMAC?